Friday 15 March 2013

Week 18 of 156

Time is going so fast, it is already week 5 of second semester, only 8 and a half weeks to go until I only have exams left to do before first year is over! I am now 18 weeks in, of the 156 weeks of lectures it takes to be a vet!

This semester there are lots of tests, with weekly tests in Biochemistry and Anatomy. On Tuesday I had the first Histology credit test of the term, on the digestive and respiratory systems, which I passed and achieved 96% in the practical section. In anatomy we have now learnt all the bones in the body, with only the head left, which we are doing in the next 2 weeks.

There are over 100 labels on the skull alone as it is made up of many different labels, and to make it a bit harder, its all in Latin! We studied Latin medical terminology in first semester and it makes you sound clever saying things like 'Processus zygomaticus partis squamosae' !

I am glad that it is Friday today and I can have a lie in tomorrow, don't think I will ever get used to the 7.15am lectures! This morning I walked to uni at 7am in a blizzard! We thought spring was coming last week as the sun came out, and it was almost shorts and t-shirt weather, but now its back to thermals weather. I wouldn't mind the snow if it wasn't for the wind, as it was -17C in the wind apparently!

Today we had a lecture on hypothesis testing in statistics followed by a lecture and practical on root crops in Plant Husbandry and Feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment