Friday 15 March 2013

Why Slovakia?

While researching universities I discovered the option of studying abroad. I researched many universities before deciding that the University of Veterinary Medicine in Kosice, Slovakia was for me. The university has a great reputation, with the lessons taught in small groups, and a good lecture to practical work ratio. There is an established English course in Doctorate in General Veterinary Medicine at the university, with students from all over the world studying here. It is an excellent opportunity to travel, make new friends and study my dream course. Completing the degree will allow me to practise in the UK and the rest of the EU without having to sit further exams.

The tuition fees and living costs here are lower than the UK, with my rent around £100 a month and fees of approx £6000 a year. (Depending on the GBP-EURO exchange rate). Although unlike in the UK, I do not get any loans or grants from the government to study abroad, so everything is self funded. I am doing everything I can to earn the money I need, and work 2 jobs when I am at home. But it is still going to be difficult to earn enough, as my parents cannot afford to help me, so any donations would be very gratefully received. (Paypal donate button on the right or email/comment if you would like to donate by another method). Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment