Thursday 12 September 2013

Back for second year

I am back in Slovakia, have registered, filled in my student record and have my timetable. I am ready for second year to begin! This term we have Anatomy 2, Biochemistry, Physiology, Animal Husbandry, Public Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Ethics and Radiobiology. I know that there will be weekly credit tests in at  anatomy and biochem, maybe more, so there will be lots of deadlines and plenty of work.

I was happy to see that most our days start at 8.05am this semester, with no 7.15am starts like last year. Monday is the easiest day with only 2 lectures, then the week gets harder, Friday being our longest day, with 2 lectures and 3 practicals from 8.05-16.30.

I applied to be on Deal or No Deal the other day, which involved a 12 page application form, with many questions such as 'Tell us about yourself in 50 words or less' and '5 interesting/funny/unusual facts about you'; enough to give me a headache trying to think of answers! I hope that if I do get invited for an audition, that it is during my holidays from uni. It would be amazing to be on the show, and to have the chance of winning some money.

I met up with a lovely girl who is just starting first year at the airport and travelled back to uni with her. It was nice to have someone to speak to on the journey. We went out for a few hours last night and met more of the new students, it seems like last week when it was me being shown around the town! Still amazing to think that I survived a year here and am now 1/6 or 16.66% vet!


No comments:

Post a Comment