Sunday 6 October 2013

3 Weeks in

Well 3 weeks have passed already, meaning that in a couple of days I will be 1/4 way through this term!
OR 11.5% through second year
OR 18.6 % through my course
(Yes I love numbers!!!)

This year is more interesting than last year, so although the work is harder, its not so bad as all feels more relevant.  We are spending more time with live animals, and have recently practiced restraining and handling animals, as well as taking blood. My first experience of taking blood from a rabbits ear was nerve-wracking but exciting, and I was pleased to get blood on my first attempt.

As usual there are plenty of tests, with at least 2 a week. So far I have passed two Anatomy Credit Tests, with an A and a C grade. I have also passed two Biochemistry tests, with 90% and 80%.

We have several trips planned for the next few weeks, firstly a trip to the Radiobiology department at the medical university in the city. Then on the 19th we are going on a trip to a show, we havent recieved much information on this yet, but I think it is the Slovak National Rabbit and Pigeon show. We are also going to see the university's pig farm soon.

In Anatomy we are studying Splanchnology at the moment, which is a study of the organs. Firstly the digestive system, from oral cavity to the anus. Today I am studying the intestines and abdominal cavity.

I have started running again, as I used to run a lot in 2011. Getting back to being fit slowly, did a 5km run today in 36minutes, 32 seconds. It was the Kosice Peace Marathon today, which is the oldest marathon in Europe, celebrating its 90th Anniversary. I am thinking of entering to run the marathon next year, although looking at the results, I am likely to be in last position!

No comments:

Post a Comment