Thursday 5 September 2013

September is here!

Well time flies, and its is September already. Summer has passed very quickly, in a blur of revision and working. In only 5 days I will be flying back to Slovakia to register as a second year student and on the 16th I will be back in lectures. I am excited to go back and eager to get back into studying, which will seem like a rest at first after working all summer!

I flew back to Slovakia a few weeks ago to sit my Histology and Embryology final exam, which was a subject I didn't really like as I struggled to understand, so it drove me mad revising! The sheer volume of knowledge needed was overwhelming until I split it into small chunks and revised one section per day (while working 12+ hours a day). By the time I got to the exam and understood the topics I found it interesting and I was very pleased with my exam grade.

Since my work experience I have worked almost everyday, with my main job being working for a catering company, in a burger van ( hog roast or fish and chips van some days). We travelled around the country working at several events, including the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, the Royal Welsh Show, National Eisteddfod and Bournemouth Air Festival which has been hard work, but nice to travel around and see different places.

I have also done some bar work, waitressing, gardening and decorating. Glad I live on a farm where tradesmen are not called unless we are desperate, meaning I can do a lot of DIY and am not afraid to get my hands dirty! I even took our toilet to pieces on a rare day off to work out why the water wasn't running in properly when it was flushed! I have however ruined almost every pair of jeans I own, with paint or superglue on them :( Ordered a couple of pairs for £6.99 online the other day, and hope that they arrive (and fit!) before I go back to uni!

I am behind on my online earnings due to never being at home, so need to catch up on them; my inbox has over 4000 unread emails at present! I did win £14 on a free bingo site the other day :) http://birthdaybingo.co.uk?ref=140 If anyone wants to join, here is my referral link. Its very simple, your bingo card is your date of birth, just register and keep checking the site until your date of birth comes up.

I have 84 biochemistry questions that I would like to start writing the answers out for before I go back to uni and get too busy, as I am hoping to sit the biochemistry final exam before Christmas, so that is my plan for tomorrow, as the electricity company is switching the electric off in my area, so no internet or work to distract me!

2 comments: